A. God instructs us to wait for strength. Is. 40:31
B. He tells us to wait for provision. Ps. 62:5
C. He tells us to wait for direction. Pr. 3:5-6
D. We are even told to wait for God’s will to be accomplished. Heb. 10:36
How should we wait on God?
A. While we wait, supplicate. Ps. 40:1
1. Supplication means to ask God for specific needs.
2. Failure to pray while we wait is one reason why we sometimes wait without success.
Doing our best as Christians is telling God all our needs as we wait upon Him.
While we wait, saturate. Ps. 130:5
1. Saturate yourself with the Word of God by reading, studying, meditating, and learning His Word.
2. Study about God’s goodness.
Read about the wonderful things that God has done.
Spend some time counting your blessings.
Meditate on God’s great love.
3. Study about God’s promises: God has promised…
Salvation for the seeking sinner. Ro. 10:9-13, Jn. 14:6
Forgiveness when we are guilty. 1 John 1:9, Prov. 28:13
Strength when we are weak. Is. 41:10, Ps. 27:13-14
Comfort when we are in sorrow. Is. 61:1-2, Mt. 5:4
Grace when we are sick or suffering. 2 Co. 12:8- 10, Jas. 5:13-16
Protection when we are in danger. Ps. 27:5, 50:15
Courage when we are afraid. Ps. 46:1-2, 34:4
Peace when we are upset. Is 26:3
Rest when we are weary. Mt.11:28
Guidance when we face decisions.
Strength when we face temptation. 1 Co. 10:13
Provision when we have need. Phil. 4:19
Companionship when we are alone. Heb. 13:5
Encouragement when we are defeated. De. 33:27
Posted from WordPress for BlackBerry.